It’s Sunday morning, and that can only mean one thing: last night, I made and ate a hamburger. Specifically, a burger featured on the hit series, Bob’s Burgers.
Wasabi With You? [S8:E12 “The Hurt Soccer”]
About the Episode
After forgetting that they signed up Louise for a soccer league, Bob must help her prepare to play in the season’s last game . . . by coaching the never-won-a-game team.
Back at the restaurant, Linda and Gene realize their dream of turning the restaurant into a piano bar.
About the Burger
- 3 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons ancho chili pepper
- 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic per pound of meat.
- Grated Cheddar cheese (garlic & chive if available)
- Mix the dry ingredients well.
- Break up the meat in a large bowl.
- Add 6.5 teaspoons of seasoning mix per pound of meat; recipe makes enough for about two pounds.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic per pound of meat.
- Mix Well
- Form into patties and grill as normal
- Add cheddar cheese in the final minute or so and allow to melt.
- Serve on a bun with condiments of choice (I used spring mix greens and mayo)
We thought this burger had a good heat, but beware: the first bite can pack an unexpected punch. We also thought the burger needed something sweet to counteract the spice, perhaps a chutney of some kind.
We ate this burger while spending time with our cousin Alex and all of us independently gave this burger
Come back next week when we’ll try a new, as-yet-to-be-determined burger!
Our featured image comes from Andrew Heath. Check out his website and – if it’s your thing – buy some of his art. He’s also releasing a game this December: Burger Battle! I’m not on commission or anything, just doing my part to support a great and talented fan artist.
Well seasoned post!
LikeLiked by 1 person