It’s Sunday morning, and that can only mean one thing: last night, I made and ate a hamburger. Specifically, a burger featured on the hit series, Bob’s Burgers.
You Spinach Me Right Round Baby Spinach Burger [S7:E2 “Sea Me Now”]
About the Episode
Teddy tries to impress his ex-wife by organizing a day trip on his newly refurbished boat; Tina attempts to prove she’s responsible enough to have a cellphone by taking care Bob’s prized eraser.
About the Burger
I’d decided this burger needed to pack a kick. I mean, it had to “spin me ’round”, right? So, I decided to try to imitate a Korean beef-and-rice bowl (minus the rice).
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Mozzarella cheese
Note: the burgers ended up very, very wet. I even had to drain the grill pan halfway through. I would recommend cutting the wet ingredients in half.
I cooked the spinach and the burgers at the same time.
- Heat canola and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering and swirl to coat the pan
- Add garlic and saute for just a few seconds.
- Add spinach and crushed red pepper, then continue sauteing over medium heat until spinach is wilted and dark green, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cooked spinach from heat & cover with tin foil until needed.
- Mix all ingredients except cheese together and form into patties
- Grill as usual, being careful to monitor any juices (I had to drain my pan!)
- In the last two minutes, too rah burger with a thick slice of mozzarella and tent burgers to aid melting.
Build the Burger
- Bottom bun
- Top bun
- Serve with fries if desired
despite my difficulties keeping the burgers together in the pan, it was very, very tasty. We gave this burger
Come back next week when we’ll try a new, as-yet-to-be-determined burger!
Our featured image comes from Andrew Heath. Check out his website and – if it’s your thing – buy some of his art. He’s also releasing a game this December: Burger Battle! I’m not on commission or anything, just doing my part to support a great and talented fan artist.