It’s Sunday morning, and that can only mean one thing: last night, I made and ate a hamburger. Specifically, a burger featured on the hit series Bob’s Burgers.
Video Killed the Radicchio Star [S7:E8 “Ex MachTina”]
I’ve done this burger before. So why do it again? Well, we had company, and though they didn’t come out and say it, I knew they wanted me to make a burger. Most of my friends have said they’ll just show up one Saturday night and see if they can get in on the gastronomic action.
My dilemma was this: should I make a burger I knew was good, or should I do something new? I decided to go with a tried and true burger for a few reasons:
- I was short on prep time because I was cleaning the house
- Having made the burger before, I knew how long it would take
- This particular burger is our favorite, and it doesn’t hurt that the recipe is my own
- After the last attempt, I thought I could improve the flavor by mixing the seasoning into the meat rather than simply using it as a rub
- There was a sale on Dubliner cheese
I made the burger exactly as before, with two changes:
- I used the three pounds of meat the spice was intended for
- I mixed the seasoning into the meat and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours
I had a tiny bit of leftover seasoning, which I sprinkled on the fries as they went into the oven.
Our friend, who does not give out praise lightly, described this burger as
Perfection. Meaty, juicy perfection. Maybe the best burger I’ve ever had!
Needless to say, we gave this burger
(If only because we can’t go any higher on the scale)
Come back next week when we’ll try a new, as-yet-to-be-determined burger!
Our featured image comes from Andrew Heath. Check out his website and – if it’s your thing – buy some of his art. He’s also released a burger-themed game: Burger Battle! I’m not on commission or anything, just doing my part to support a great and talented fan artist.