It’s Sunday morning, and that can only mean one thing: last night, I made and ate a hamburger. Specifically, a burger featured on the hit series, Bob’s Burgers.
The Finders Capers Burger [S9:E3 “Tweentrepreneirs”]
About the Episode
Tina, Louise, and Gene get a taste of business when they join the school’s Tweentrepeneurs club. Can the kids keep it together or will they go corporate?
Back at the restaurant, Bob and Linda find themselves outsmarted by a dine-and-dasher. More than once.
About the Burger
A quick google search for caper pairing suggested garlic and paprika. I came up with this recipe:
- 1lb or so ground beef
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Baby spinach
- Dubliner cheese (goat cheese would also work, but as Krystal doesn’t like the texture of goat cheese, Dubliner is my go-to soft cheese)
- Mix the caper, spices and Worcestershire into the meat. Form into patties and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Grill patties, about 6 minutes per side. Tent burgers after flipping.
- Add cheese in the last minute or so.
- Serve on a bun with baby spinach and spicy mayo (I make my own mayo with paprika and mustard)
This burger was very, very good. The tastes and textures worked well without overpowering each other.
Come back next week when we’ll try a new, as-yet-to-be-determined burger!
Our featured image comes from Andrew Heath. Check out his website and – if it’s your thing – buy some of his art or his game: Burger Battle! I’m not on commission or anything, just doing my part to support a great and talented fan artist.