It’s been far too long since I cooked hamburgers. So on Sunday I made a hamburger. Specifically, a burger featured on the hit series, Bob’s Burgers.
The Creme Fraiche Prince of Bell Peppers [S10:E9 “All That Gene”]
About the Episode
Gene tries out for local theatre and doesn’t quite make the cut. Linda steps in to try to make things “better”. What could go wrong (besides everything)?
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 bell pepper sliced into rings
- Cheddar Cheese
- Creme Fraiche
Make the Burgers
- Mix the seasonings and season the meat
- Form into four patties and season to tase with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat, about 6 minutes per side and tenting with foil after flipping.
- With about a minute remaining, melt the cheese on each patty, also topping each patty with two rings of pepper.
- Serve on buns with mayo on the bottom and Creme Fraiche on top.
This was a good burger. Krystal liked it more than I did, bringing this burger’s score to
Come back next week when we’ll try a new, as-yet-to-be-determined burger!
Our featured image comes from Andrew Heath. Check out his website and – if it’s your thing – buy some of his art or his game: Burger Battle! I’m not on commission or anything, just doing my part to support a great and talented fan artist.