The other week I made a hamburger. Specifically, a burger featured on the hit series, Bob’s Burgers.
The Twisted Swiss-ter [S10:E7 “Land of the Loft”]
About the Episode
It was a dark and stormy night when Linda and Bob decide to be spontaneous and attend their friend’s artist gathering.
Meanwhile, the kids’ hankering for ice cream get them – and their gullible babysitter – onto thin ice.
About the Burger
As the name implies, this burger called for at least two types of Swiss cheese. This is what I came up with:
- Gruyère cheese (grated/shredded)
- Raclette cheese (grated/shredded)
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried dill
- 3/4 tsp dried mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Make the Burgers
- Mix the seasonings and season the meat
- Form into patties and season to tase with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat, about 6 minutes per side and tenting with foil after flipping.
- With about a minute remaining, melt some of each kind of cheese on each patty
- Serve on buns with mayo or mustard
This was an okay burger. Not bad, but not spectacular. I need to adjust the seasoning ratio, probably doubling each ingredient.
Come back next week when we’ll try a new, as-yet-to-be-determined burger!
Our featured image comes from Andrew Heath. Check out his website and – if it’s your thing – buy some of his art or his game: Burger Battle! I’m not on commission or anything, just doing my part to support a great and talented fan artist.